We really want you here, but we know our building can be a little hard to access. Our building is at the northwest corner of the Bowen and Northfield Roads intersection. We have two driveways, one is accessible from southbound Bowen Road, it is on the right shortly after you pass Beban Park and Rosstown Road. The other driveway is accessible from westbound Northfield Rd, this driveway is shared with the gas station on the corner. When you are leaving, please be advised that both driveways are right turn only to exit.
During the service we sing a mixture of older and newer songs led by a Praise Team with a variety of musical instruments. We spend time in prayer thanking God for the wonders in our lives, asking for God's intervention in areas or personal hurts and world concerns, as well as confessing to God our failures. We listen to God, not only through the reading of Scripture, but also through the songs we sing, the moments spent in silence, and through the preaching and teaching from the word of God. Some of us give money to the church and other causes at the offering time. Sometimes we participate in or witness a baptism and monthly we celebrate the Lord's Supper together.
Because we have multiple teams that plan and lead worship, you will notice that the flavor of the music will change slightly from week to week. You will also notice that people come dressed as themselves, some in jeans and t-shirts and others in slacks or dresses. We invite you to come as you are comfortable.
If you would like to hear previous Sunday teachings, you can listen on our Sermon Page. To hear the Scripture passages for this coming Sunday read by a member of our community, or to learn the monthly memory verse which we recite together in the service each week, check out our Weekly Resources page.
- The nursery for your children is located on the first floor, go down the stairs by the mailboxes, and is available before the 10:00am Sunday worship service. If you have infants or toddlers (3 and under), our well-equipped nursery offers warm, nurturing and well-supervised surroundings for your children. The wheelchair-accessible washroom provides a change table and diaper Genie for your use.
- The first 3 Sundays of the month kids and youth age 4 and older start the service with the adults in the sanctuary, and then are dismissed after some singing and sharing as a community. The 4th Sunday of the month we celebrate the Lord's Supper, so kids in kindergarten and up remain in the service. Children age 5 and younger will be dismissed as usual partway through. After the service children can be picked up from their classrooms downstairs.
- When you enter the sanctuary, you will notice some tables and floor mats along the right hand side. This area was created with kids in mind, so that they can quietly color or play while in the service.
- On 5th Sundays we participate in special intergenerational events, where we sit around tables, and in addition to singing and hearing Scripture, we work together on an interactive activity.
- Because we care about the safety and well-being of everyone in our community, we have a Safe Church Team that helps us follow safe ministry practices for working with children and youth. You can read our Abuse Prevention Policy here.
After our morning services we have a prayer team that is available at the front of the sanctuary if you would like prayer. Otherwise we invite you to join us for coffee or tea and conversation.